CHAT - the successful Global Forestry Debate

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sun Oct 26 08:00:51 EST 1997

Nick Ananin wrote:

> Great start chaps (I presume no ladies were present!). Action so far
> 1) I have posted to 9 other people informing them of the Chat line -
> the pyramid. But remember maximum of 25 are possible.
> 2) I have sent some suggestions to the Chairman - which perhaps he
> will want to discuss.
> 3) Russian Green Pages is at
>  http://www.glasnet.ru/~cpg/rggreenpages.html
>
> --
> Nick Ananin , Vision Forestry, Aberdeen, Scotland

Yes I agree, it was interesting, even though Don Staples didn't make it.
What good is a serious discussion without a Texan present? <G>

Nick, sometime when you get a chance, please tell us more about forestry
in Scotland.
1.what species are present in your forests?
2.how much land is in forest?
3.who owns the land? (government, farmers and ranchers, recreationists,
etc.)
4.what species of wildlife are common?
5.any efforts to reintroduce species that are not present in the British
Isles? like wolves, bears, birds of prey, etc.
6.do Scottish foresters wear kilts?
7.what is your business about?

I might add that several of my Yankee friends have recently visited
Scotland and said that it is a very beautiful country.

I'd really like to hear more about local conditions from working stiff
foresters around the world. I recently met a real PHD agroforester who
has worked in both Africa and South America and he had some fascinating
stories. So let's hear it from around the world.

Der Yankee Forestmeister