when to leave bionet.agroforestry

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Oct 28 06:10:20 EST 1997

I'd like to suggest that by the end of November - the "regulars" here
officially abandon bionet.agroforestry. By then, anyone who wants to get
alt.forestry should be able to. If necessary, you may need to drop that
amateur ISP, AOL and get a REAL ISP.

I suggest at that point we don't reply to messages in
bionet.agroforestry but politely indicate that that the questioner
should go to alt.forestry, where the elite of the elite of the Earth's
foresters hang out, ready to answer all forestry questions and to
discuss state of the art forestry- the cutting edge of woodsmanship.

I'm sure that by now- word is spreading rapidly through all government
forestry offices and forestry colleges- "have you heard about the new
alt.forestry?" Post doctoral students are being required to monitor the
group for the latest ideas from the "real world". Landowners from around
the planet are dropping everything to tune in. All 50 state Chief
Foresters and the honchos of the USFS read the group during their lunch
breaks, in order to not miss any of the wisdom to be found here. Of
course the professors, and honchos don't actually say anything in
alt.forestry, as their lack of knowledge of the real world limits any
contribution they could make.

So as of the end of November, let's leave bionet.agroforestry to the
those 3 guys on the planet who call themselves "agroforester".

--
http://forestmeister.com
"The ONLY forester's web page in the otherwise sophisticated state of