The Crash!

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 10:13:30 EST 1997

Will this latest correction effect the timber market?

I just had to do this comparison with a collection of prices I have filed
away over the years for Alabama...

Prices as follows were posted just before the 1987 major correction:

Pine Sawtimber - $135 per mbf Scribner
Mixed Hardwood Sawtimber - $76 per mbf Doyle
Pine Pulpwood - $17 per cord
Hwd Pulpwood - $5 per cord

Prices approximately 6 months later:

Pine Sawtimber - $160 per mbf Scribner
Mixed Hardwood Sawtimber - $72 per mbf Doyle
Pine Pulpwood - $14 per cord
Hardwood Pulpwood - $8 per cord

I'll leave you to make your own conclusions.

Steve Nix, Alabama Registered Forester #745
Check out the Alabama registration site at
http://members.aol.com/jostnix/rf.htm

      )(
    ))}{((
``````) (_________John Stephen Nix