Headwaters Forest Video Available

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Thu Sep 11 03:07:14 EST 1997

Don Staples wrote:

> It is interesting that one of the Protestors to show up in Houston is
> Woody Harrelson, an actor who has little grounding in environmental
> science, much effort in producing and actin in the most violent film in
> recent history, and whose father is in prison for killing a federal
> judge.  A real wholesome spokesman for the environment.  One who makes
> fortunes off of selling gratuitus violence to America, whose family life
> as a child was probably filled with the violence often found in families
> with violent tendencies, and whose appearance is based on notoriety,
> rather than sound environmental science.

Actually that film by Woody (can't remember name) was an Oliver Stone
version of satire against violence but it was so subtle that most people
didn't realize it. He was pointing out how the media turns ordinary
worthless scum into media celebrities so it was really a put down on not
only violence, but the media, and our entire socio/political system that
lacks higher values. But then again ya gotta be an Ollie Stone fan,
which I am. The film that really ticked me off was Pulp Fiction which
according to some film freaks was also a subtle put down of our society,
but I missed that somehow- and this film got a zillion awards but I
considered it one of the worse films of all time.

And I also don't see what film celebrities have to do with many such
issues. And I wouldn't recommend Woody's film to children or Jessie
Helms. <G>