Headwaters Forest Video Available

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Thu Sep 11 02:30:30 EST 1997

In article <3415A1AA.3B18 at forestmeister.com>,

>  ... If we gave up one B2 bomber we could afford
> all the remaining virgin timber in America.

I think you're seriously underestimating the value of the stumpage there,
Joseph.  I've spoken sternly to you about this in the past.  Select old
growth goes for over $1500/mbf, up to $3000/mbf on the export market.
Private timber is, of course, the only timber we can export, thanks to
congress.

Now do another head cruise on Headwaters, and get back to me with a revised
B2 shopping list.  Hint:  the purchase deal they're talking about would pay
off the $2.5 billion in S&L money, PLUS a larger tract of public lands.

-- Larry