Forestry Books

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 10:11:03 EST 1997

Forestmeister wrote:

>My favorite forestry book is "Walden Pond" by H.D. Thoreau.

and further

>Any forester
>who can't think at that level about the relationship of the forest and
>the rest of nature and that weird 2 legged creature Homo Sapiens
>shouldn't be in the woods.

You're right on target.  Pulled out my Oxford World's Classic's Walden and
wonder why no forester recommended this. Guess I really know; natural
philosophy flies in the face of some foresters.

>I consider him my metaphysical guru.

That's the way I feel about A. Leopold...

Can't wait to get your book on my site!

      )(
    ))}{((
John Stephen Nix