Headwaters Forest Video Available

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Tue Sep 16 15:49:52 EST 1997

Larry Caldwell wrote:

> In article <34108178.1D28 at livingston.net>,
>
> Second, your casual attitude toward making off with other people's money
> is understandable, since your Texas Gubner, the Right almost Honorable
> George Bush the Lesser, made off with a big bundle of S&L money himself,
> while Big Daddy was president.  Of course, that was penny ante stuff,
> only a few hundred million.  Hardly enough to get excited about.
>
> White collar crime.  Where would we be without it?

Casual?  I deplore a thief.  My whole point is the E!F'ers (is that
right prof?) have condemed Horwitz without trial.  It is not their sense
of injustice, but there greed for the property that drives them.  My
entire point is that it is private (corporate) property, not subject to
their whims.  You seem to take the same stand with Shrub Bush,  I don't
see any convictions on him, either. You and the E!F'ers can rant all you
want about "criminal" S&L actions, billions lost/made, but without a
conviction, they are just like you and I.  Or me anyway, I have never
been convicted.

I also like the left handedness of my "casual attitude toward making off
with other people's money", you may be what Joseph calls a "watermelon"
Attacking the character of the speaker, rather than the subject matter,
is one of the watermelon tactics.

> > Perhaps it is a damn shame, in your view, to what his company is doing
> > or plans to do to Headwaters, I wont judge, but, still, it is private
> > property.  Not government, not yours, not mine, not the states.  Buy it,
> > and you can do with it what you want.

Still holds.

--
Ego Stroke:  http://www.livingston.net/dstaples/