Staples-Zorzin Report

Jamie Simpson jamessim at uoguelph.ca
Tue Sep 16 23:53:52 EST 1997

Jostnix wrote:

> Ok, guys...no more Abbot-Costello, Lewis-Martin...we need real answers to
> why votes on FORESTRY newsgroups fail. <grin>
>
> You two are obviously the Clinton-Gore of this newsgroup.  Hey, just foolin.

blah blah blah...

> "Forestry at The Mining Company"
> http://forestry.miningco.com
>
> PS: I, too, am tired of agriculture trying to horn in on forestry.

Hey Buddy,

The foresters have horned into the AGROforestry newsgroup from the
beginning.  Do you think we would be having a vote on creating a
forestry group if the foresters had thought of this first?  And
agroforestry is not about agriculture jumping into forestry. It is about
the inherent biological synergy of various plants and animals utilizing
the same space, either at the same time (think about ginseng or some of
your favorite mushrooms) or in succession (swidden agriculture).

Open yourself up to some old ideas.  Agroforestry has been around a lot
longer than forestry.  As will the agroforestry newsgroup.

Jamie Simpson
Irate Agroforester