Choosing a forester

John Butt johnbutt at
Mon Sep 22 23:43:42 EST 1997

As a starter is he/she member of Society of American Foresters.  You can
contact them for more criteria and advice.

Your State Foresters office can provide help.  Sometimes free from them.
And they can provide consulting service advice to a degree.

Some States require certification.

Get references and talk to the clients.

You will find most foresters to be good and reliable.

In article <5v8o75$d03 at senator-bedfellow.MIT.EDU>, michael at helium (Michael
Courtney) wrote:

>> I am choosing a forester to help me sell some trees to a logging company.
>> What should I look for in a forester and what questions should I ask?
>> --
>> Michael Courtney, Ph. D.
>> michael at

John Butt, President