Research

Todd M. Bolton tmbolton at erols.com
Sat Sep 27 10:34:10 EST 1997

Brett Nodello wrote:

> Well, I'm not a professor but (student actually) I am involved in a
> research project.  I am doing research for a professor involving Power
> line right-of-ways.  I am trying to determine which cutting method is
> more beneficial between manual (brush saws) or mechanized (Hydroaxe).
> We are looking at height, species, plot density, and stump sprout per
> stump.  I have really just got started on the project so I can't really
> say how it is going.  If anyone is interested I will post any thing new.
>
> Brett Nodello
> "The Woodlot"
> http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Trails/1039/

You, and others interested, might want to check out the Arbor age at

http://www.greenindustry.com/pub/aa/

They frequently exploer various methods of line clearence issues,
including ROW maintenance.  Good article last spring on a fellow in
Delaware, Delmarva Power, using herbicide and mechanical means to
establish fairly stable low growth habitat types wihtin easements.