Trees in the riparian zone (Trees and water resources).

Larry Caldwell larryc at teleport.com
Mon Sep 29 06:40:10 EST 1997

In article <342DD31C.A3F21794 at firstdial.com>,
ripguy <ripguy at firstdial.com> wrote:

> I was intrigued by your statement about willow. I've never seen any data
> or research quantifying how much water willow actually transpire. Can
> you tell me where you got the info or point me in the direction of some
> research??

Sorry, I'm just a farm boy relying on farmer techniques.  When you have a
wet spot that you want to dry up, plant a willow there.  If you're short on
water and need to find a seep that you can develop into a pond, go looking
for a huge old willow and grub it out.  Any farmer will tell you about the
association of willows and water.

-- Larry