1997 Autumnal Pilgrimage

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 08:16:06 EST 1997

I'll be in Gatlinburg, Tennessee on October 16th to see the leaves. Yes,
some of us desk foresters have grown soft; become more and more like those
we swore we'd never be.  Life does that to you...you eat a lot of
crow...you become a leaf pilgrim.

The Internet is full of information on the 1997 leaf display and I had
some fun putting together a collection of links about the process.  Not
everything should be hard-nosed forestry here.  Every forester should know
a little about the one billion dollar autumn color industry that will
capture the Eastern United States over the next thirty days.

Please check out my new feature at http://forestry.miningco.com

Steve Nix, Forestry Guide
The Mining Company

      )(