prunning trees

alan haley ahaley at somtel.com
Wed Apr 8 18:45:34 EST 1998

I have been spending free time prunning the fir,spruce, cedar and pine
that are growing on a lot that I recently pruchased.  Although it takes
up hours of time, I enjoy it.  My wife has recently started insisting
that I spend more time on profitable things (like working in the yard or
barn).  I insist that this will pay off in the long run, like in 20
years or so.   Is this so?  In what ways will the growth be better for
the prunning and is it really cost effective considering the days that I
spend.  Also, are there any rules of thumb for a height to prune.