sweet gums and your mouse

Jostnix jostnix at aol.com
Wed Apr 15 14:36:25 EST 1998

>Another case of a neighbor's tree causing a nuisance: sweet gum balls
>all over (a part) of my father's lawn. Other than being a nuisance,
>they are a tripping hazard for someone who is not as nimble on his
>feet as he once was.

I don't know a whole lot about sweetgum balls but here is a report on mouse
balls...

Real memo from unnamed computer manufacturer, written by a "quite serious"
engineer.

"Mouse balls are now available as FRUs (field replacement units).  Therefore,
if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a
ball replacement.  This can be a delicate procedure and replacement balls
should only be replaced by trained personnel."..."determine the type of mouse
balls by examining the underside of the mouse."

"Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls...foreign balls
can be replaced by the pop-off method while domestic balls can be replaced
using the twist-off method.  Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse may
be used immediately.  It is recommended that each replacer have spare balls for
maintaining customer satisfaction."

      )(
    ))}{((
``````) (___©______John Stephen Nix