Closing USFS Roads

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Thu Apr 16 16:13:15 EST 1998

Don Baccus wrote:

> In article <353610EA.5EED at livingston.net>,
> Don Staples  <dstaples at livingston.net> wrote:
>
> >Interesting.  I post a quote from a Texas Forest Service leader, and am
> >attacked by a photographer that feels that he has the view from Olympus,
> >and he accusses me of ponitifcating?
>
> Gee, Staples, I just made it clear that I only claim to know about PNW
> forests (which include Mt. Olympus, true, but not the one you're thinking
> of).  Howver, I do know about these forests and know that your
> presumptions and prejudices simply don't apply.

Ah, you read my thoughts now?

My presumptions and prejudices?  About a federal boondoggle?  Get real,
you have little concept of my presumptions or prejudices, other than
suffering gas bag photographers poorly.

> >Get a life.  It is a federal boondogle, of the first nature.  Should
> >some roads be closed and ripped?  Sure.  Should some be closed by
> >abandonment? More likely.
>
> Since this is EXACTLY what the USFS will be doing (along with
> rebuilding and improving at least some of the roads that won't be
> closed), how then is this a federal boondogle?  Shit, they're
> doing exactly what you say should be done.

At $65,000 a mile, that is a boondoggle of the first order, or maybe
your in the ripping business?

--
Don Staples
UIN 4653335