Agroforestry demo sites

Susan112 susan112 at aol.com
Thu Apr 16 19:38:15 EST 1998

I'm looking for ideas for demo sites.

I manage several public areas in the ozark-prairie border region of Missouri.
I'm interested in installing demo sites for small acreage management to include
agroforestry plantings.

Most agroforestry demo plantings that I've seen so far include trees and some
traditional agricultural crop. Rather than repeat this verbatim, I'm interested
in including special forest products or alternative agricultural crops that
would suit the area I'm working in.

I'm also interested in demonstrating management options for small landowners
that minimize the ecosystem impact of the subdivision of forest land into small
tracts.

Any ideas you all may have I would gladly like to hear and consider.

Thanks in advance.

Susan