Closing USFS Roads

Al Stangenberger forags at nature.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Apr 17 14:14:29 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin (redoak at forestmeister.com) wrote:
: Al Stangenberger wrote:
: >
: > I saw some time-lapse movies of one of their projects, and it was kind of
: > neat to see the whole project compressed into a short film clip!  Big
: > earthmovers and D-9 cats running around like ants...
: >

: I'd love to see that. Do you have any info on how to find a copy of that
: film clip?

: I'd love to see something similar whereby a commercial strip is turned
: back into a real live ecosystem. <G>

I saw it at a presentation given to the California Forest Soils Council by
the Ecologist and Soil Scientist from Redwood National Park.  I think that
a call to either of them at RNP Headquarters at Orick, CA., would be the
best bet.

This was a 16-mm movie, I don't know if they ever transferred it to video.

I think I saw it about 10 years ago, and the road was a major logging road
in the Redwood Creek drainage.