roads

kat kats at prcn.org
Sun Apr 19 05:25:27 EST 1998

obviously, if any of you  have any knowledge about road deactivation
techniques you are keeping them secret....

i have been doing road deac work for a few years on and off

#1 you do NOT use water bars in permanent deactivation
#2 if you want semi-perm deac, you have DRIVEABLE cross-ditches created over
seepages, streams and creeks.
#3 if you pull culverts, you better know if it is perm, semi, or 4x4 deac -
squamishes should be built over big creeks  /  rivers  -  IT CAN ALL BE
DRIVEABLE - IT JUST DEPENDS ON IF THE CLIENT WANTS TO SPEND $14.00 on a
driveable cross ditch or $12.00 on a non-drivable cross-ditch.

and as far as you guys' bickering goes  - last time i checked we are all
foresters fighting against the evil politicians and whatnot....  tell me,
please, have i spent the last 3 yrs of my life trying so bloody hard to get
to nowhere???  i love the fact that we all have our own opinion but shit -
we are all on the same side!!!!     if we weren't, we wouldn't be here,
right?

the ever elusive kat