DEBATE OF '98- education of the forestry profession

Larry Harrell fotoware at
Sun Apr 19 12:24:09 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin <redoak at> wrote in article
<353A10D9.6E0E64AA at>...
> How good is forestry education? How can it be improved?
Wood production should be de-emphasized and ecosystem management should
mandated as the default concept. Multiple use ideas should be de-emphasized
because many areas are not suitable for example: grazing and wilderness. I
don't want to see cows tromping and crapping in a stream through a high
elevation meadow when I am in a wilderness. How about you?

While we're at it, the forestry profession should be educating the
educators of our children so that they grow up confident that we are
managing our resources for healthy ecosystems and not for products and