DEBATE OF '98- role of government and leaders

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Mon Apr 20 10:05:31 EST 1998

Larry Harrell wrote:

> Joseph Zorzin <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote in article
> <353B4CD3.A762E5BF at forestmeister.com>...
> > My friend who has had countless temporary jobs in the fed. says in one
> > national park, the bosses cut the time for most temps to just under the
> > amount that would trigger SOME benefits, while giving themselves
> > significant raises.
> >
> Absolutely! A "1039" appointment is one-stinkling-hour short of a permanent
> "13/13" appointment with full benefits! Most temps are 1039ers.
>
> I found out just yesterday that my "Term" appointment is cancelled (because
> of funding) and I am now free to milk the rest of my unemployment at FS
> expense.

Just think if we had majored in computer science and went to work for
Bill Gates when MS first started. We'd be zillionairs by now and could
own all the forest you'd ever want. <G>

But, seriously, the breakdown in job security has got to stop, or
eventually enough people will get so pissed off there'll be a lot more
things blowing up like the fed building in Oklahoma City. Personally,
I'm anti violence- being an old flower child and I'm used to total
poverty. But if I had children, I'd have to act more responsibile and
I'd be dangerous politically.

--
http://forestmeister.com

Henry David Thoreau