DEBATE OF '98- role of government and leaders

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Mon Apr 20 12:54:25 EST 1998

Larry Harrell wrote:

> Do we want arsonists deciding where to cut timber?

It escapes me why solving the big policy issues has to be as difficult
as getting peace in the Middle East. It's a waste of time for all of us.

All I know is that I and other foresters in the NE live among millions
of acres of private owned forest land and those folks don't care to do
forestry. It really sucks.

And on publicly owned land, the policy arguments seem to be unsolvable.
That's why I keep calling for real leadership. Our national leaders
aren't focusing on forestry. They're focusing on Clinton's sex life.

--
http://forestmeister.com

Henry David Thoreau