DEBATE OF '98- financial resources

Bill Crawford cvwpa at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Apr 21 06:18:31 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> The science and technology of forestry have always been many years
> more
> advanced than the practice of forestry because society always gives
> forestry a very low priority. What can we do about this?

HI:

Ummmmm.......Not in my province it isn't. Basically what you probably
meant is....If it doesn't effect my livelihood, then I don't care.
Because in my province Forestry is a big part of the lives of the people
here. 50 % of the land is privately owned, and 85% of this province is
forested (all stages of development) and  the parties interested in it
are private, native and industry (contractors, sub-licencees, licencees
and all their employees). In two counties of Carleton and Victoria I
have 3500 woodlot owners that rely on the forest for part of their
income. To say this society gives forestry a low priority it quite
bogus. Think a bit more clearly of what your writing ;)  .