DEBATE OF '98- role of government and leaders

Don Baccus dhogaza at pacifier.com
Tue Apr 21 08:24:05 EST 1998

In article <353C6AAF.DE5532BA at forestmeister.com>,
Joseph Zorzin  <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:

>Well, maybe that Republican, JimmyFromMI can explain why HIS Repbulican
>Senate is holding up the show. <G>

It was actually blocked by one of the two Democratic Senators from California,
who originally backed the idea but changed her mind after the details of
the plan became known and its weaknesses publicized.

I wish I knew more about the actual details of the plan, I would've followed
it much more closely if it had involved a National Forest closer to home.