DEBATE OF '98- financial resources

Bill Crawford cvwpa at
Tue Apr 21 18:37:45 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> OK, let's say that MANY areas give forestry a low priority. <G>
> In my area, the forest is for tourists, to look at and to buy as part
> of
> their "investment portfolio", not for forestry, except the smart ones
> that hire forestry consultants.
> --
> "Still, after a year, the only forestry web page in the otherwise
> sophisticated state of Massachusetts"
> "In wilderness is the preservation of the world."
> Henry David Thoreau

   An additional note to the importance of the forest to society. The
province British Columbia is heavily reliant on the forest, its
generates $600,000,000 in stumpage from crown lands. And to get a good
idea of the forest policy of BC take a look at the B.C. M.O.F.  website.

also for interest sake, I guess, have a browse at my University's