DEBATE OF '98- role of government and leaders

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Apr 21 14:20:18 EST 1998

Larry Harrell wrote:

> We have to control our voracious apetites and selfishness in order to make
> the world a better place for our children. We need to control our
> government representatives as well to make them run our forests and country
> in a way that enhances everyone's world.

But most people don't have voracious appetites. A small percentage of
the wealthiest folks have most of the wealth of America. They are the
ones with voracious appetites and selfishness. One statistic I saw
indicates that the wealthiest 1% have as much as the bottom 90%.

Our reps will do a better job when they in fact represent us. And that
will happen after we reform the election system. We all have to yell
real loud at our reps and let'em know we won't stand for it any longer.
It was no less than Thomas Jefferson who said a little rebellion once in
awhile is good for democracy.

JZ