DEBATE OF '98- fundamental tools of forestry

Larry Harrell fotoware at
Tue Apr 21 20:23:59 EST 1998

Ron Wenrich <woodtick at> wrote in article
<353D2DF3.BA3189C3 at>...
> Sounds good for softwoods, but how does it work in hardwoods?  And how
> steeper slopes?  The East ain't all flatland.

As long as the tree is straight and the limbs aren't too big, I think they
should work. Steepness isn't a problem as long as there is a place to turn
around at the top. These particular machines are longer than a standard
skidder but get better traction.
       Larry Harrell Fotoware
Making software out of Fotos for over five years now
Check out my web site at