DEBATE OF '98- financial resources

Bill Crawford cvwpa at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Apr 22 06:18:35 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> Excellent web pages. I'd like to see more like these, one for the
> province and one for your university.
>
> Now, some might say that my state of Massachusetts is small and
> doesn't
> have much of a timber industry so I shouldn't expect to see such web
> sites. But, the state agency has 3-4 dozen foresters- there are about
> 140 consultants and at least that many industry foresters and a state
> university forestry dept. There are enough people involved that if the
>
> state just got with it- they could have a serious presence on the net-
>
> as of now it mostly consists of me and Karl Davies, a nearby
> consultant.
> It's a mystery to me.
>
> Isn't this supposed to be the information age?
>
> JZ

   Here are a couple web pages for my province from Industry (JD Irving
Woodlands) and N.B.D.N.R.E. (Dept. of Nat. Resources and Energy).

http://www.ifdn.com/natnot/jan293.htm    -  The Natuarlist Notebook
http://www.ifdn.com/?       Irving Forest Discovery Network

http://www.web.net/~nben/enghome.htm             N.B. Environmental
Network

http://www.gov.nb.ca/dnre/index.htm      N.B. Dept of Nat. Resources and
Energy
http://www.gov.nb.ca/dnre/forest.htm      The Forest of New Brunswick

Enjoy...

Bill da ^Moose^             yup I like those ugly beasts .