DEBATE OF '98- the net

BOBNDWOODS bobndwoods at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 23:41:13 EST 1998

In article <353B4F01.1943252 at forestmeister.com>, Joseph Zorzin
<redoak at forestmeister.com> writes:

>> >Does the net have any significance to forestry? Are we just "shooting
>> >the breeze"?
>> >
>> >Why has the forestry "establishment" not participated? Shouldn't they?
>>
>> Probably don't have time...understaffed, under-equipped  and too busy
>> looking for the axe to fall of them!
>
>Then they should participate in cyberspace and bitch about it and find
>out what others are thinking. Such socializing is at the root of all
>politics and that's how we change things we don't like.
>
>People can find time if they really want to.

Joe, I missed reading my e-mail and NGs the past two days.  So, I just spent
four hours reading newsgroup posts and writing five short replies.  This was
after spending an eleven hour day at work and taking my son to Cub Scouts.  I
haven't been to Steve's bulletin board in a week.  No telling how much traffic
has been there. It is ALL good stuff and I get a broader perspective of issues
than my own.  But, it is hard to get involved in long, detailed threads on
complex issues when you have a regular full time job.  Just reading the posts
sometimes takes all the time I can afford to give to this.

Bob Miller
Alabama Registered Forester

~~~> The forest may be quiet, but that doesn't mean all the snakes have left.