DEBATE OF '98- wilderness?

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Apr 24 04:51:40 EST 1998

Kirk Johnson wrote:

> No - the answer is, because wilderness _is_. Because it is the real world,
> the flow of life, the process of evolution, the repository of that three
> and a half billion years of shared travel."

Kool. I kin dig it. Too bad very few people dig it. The Native Americans
dug it- and yuh, I know they weren't angels but "mother earth" was part
of their folk wisdom- and if more "moderns" had it- we wouldn't be
paving over more of mother earth for more *%#+*@ Wallmarts. And more of
our forest land that isn't wilderness would be managed with great care-
instead of being just part of an investment portfolio by our stock
market crazed nation- and when that *%#)& stock market crashes- I won't
weep for all those greedy yuppies. They won't be able to survive at my
level of income and I'll enjoy watching them try. <G>

--
http://forestmeister.com

Henry David Thoreau