Underwater Logging

BOBNDWOODS bobndwoods at aol.com
Sun Apr 26 14:25:05 EST 1998

In article <35433d16.0 at news.pacifier.com>, dhogaza at pacifier.com (Don Baccus)
writes:

>Hit men do difficult and dangerous work.  Should they therefore be able
>to keep 100% of their income, tax free?

That is the most ludicrous argument I have ever heard.  I can only hope it was
a poor attempt at humor.

Maybe the state in question should issue underwater timber harvesting permits
at a cost relevent to the value of the resource and the expense of retrieving
it.  The rationalization for such permits could, rightly, be to prevent
competition from escalating into somethin ugly and to insure that those doing
this work were qualified to do it safely for workers and the environment.

Sounds like a job for a whole different set of burros.  Maybe the Marine Police
or equivalent?  Certainly not your typical forestry operation.

Bob Miller
Alabama Registered Forester

~~~> The forest may be quiet, but that doesn't mean all the snakes have left.