Appropriate Roles for State Forestry Bureaucrats

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Aug 1 04:15:43 EST 1998

KMorrisD wrote:

> Perhaps Joe and others could regale us with stories of their exploits.  I'd
> really like to hear the whole story of what happened in Maine.  Any Maine
> consultants lurking out there?

I had heard through the grape vine that the consultants there were in
good with the legislature (because unlike the nitwit state of Mass., up
there they are organized)- and at least for awhile the state burros were
shut down, then later put back to work- but that's all I know, and even
that might not be right. I've always wanted to know the full story on
this.

Regardless of it's veracity, I like to use this little story when
"debating" with "my" burros. <G>

Lately, one of "my" burros must be taking seriously all my talk about
shutting them down because whenever I see him he says, "are you guys (me
and Karl) going to get me fired? I sort of feel sorry for him- a very
decent guy with health problems. Then I reply to him, "don't worry, it's
just a lot of talk- nobody gives a dam what me and Karl say and the
other consultants in MA are all wusses (burro wannabees)- so don't
bother cleaning off your desk".

JZ