Appropriate Roles for State Forestry Bureaucrats

Mike Hagen mhagen at olympus.net
Sat Aug 1 13:26:37 EST 1998

yep, its wild enough.  I think the reason for the abundance of public
employees is the good water, great scenery and the fact that outside
of urban areas ownership tends to be heavily weighted toward public
lands.  It's common for a County to run over 85% large private
(industrial forest), Federal (National park, forest & refuges) plus
Indian lands.
The Wise Use folk find a very sympathetic ear around here and if it
wasn't for the truly wacko members, they'd be running the place.