why so few hardwoods in the PNW?

Thomas Kellar tkellar at FSP.FSP.COM
Thu Aug 6 05:21:17 EST 1998

I used to live in Washington when I was a kid.  I know the
eastern side is a practically a desert.  I remember the
tumble weeds that we used to chase around.  However is not
the western side, south of Puget Sound kind of wet?  The
Olympic rain forest is there. Or has it all dried up because
of deforestation?  That was a few years ago. (:))
Thomas

--
Thomas Kellar   w8twk     Tkellar at fsp.com      http://www.fsp.com
    How can I wear the harness of toil, and sweat at the daily round,