why so few hardwoods in the PNW?

Don Baccus dhogaza at pacifier.com
Fri Aug 7 01:16:58 EST 1998

In article <35CA332D.649B1348 at forestmeister.com>,
Joseph Zorzin  <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:

>I think Caldwell (love using just last names) is trying to pull your leg
>on this 50 year thing.

Larry's a guy with past history on timber issues, and I have to say if
he's pulling our leg, it's lengthy pull, a couple of years at least.

>He obviously knows better

Personally, I'd prefer he be ignorant and well meaning, rather than
knowledgable and a lying fuck.

>and he knows that the foresters here know better too.

It's comforting to know that foresters know better too, because
his next post is probably going to be a claim that foresters know
he's right, and that us fucking conservationists are wrong, esp.
those who are biologists and study these ecosystems.

[why would a species like nso evolve if 50-year burn cycles
were the norm???]