WTB: Timber

Don Staples dstaples at livingston.net
Mon Aug 10 09:43:51 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin wrote:

> David L. Mils wrote:
> >
> > We are currently buying timber within a hundred mile radius of
> > Monticello, Georgia. If you have mature timber you wish to sell in this
> > area please reply by email with your name and phone number.
> > Thanks,
> > David Mills
> > R&S Timber LLC
>
> There ya go. That's what we want to see here is more marketing.
> Seriously. We have plenty of foresters and landowners, but so far have
> seen few buyers. I'd like to see buyers from all over the world show up
> here. Ya never know what kind of deals might be struck in cyberspace.
> <G>

Sellers must remember that background or references should be checked
before sales to an unknown buyer.  If the timber is being brokered by a
consultant, they will (or should) do the reference checks.  I have no
idea if R&S Timber LLC is legitimate or not, but in the timber owning
business the expression is slightly changed to "The seller beware".

And Joe is correct, you never know what kind of deal might be struck in
cyberspace.
--
Don Staples
UIN 4653335