25' buffer around ponds

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Tue Aug 11 22:39:52 EST 1998

KMorrisD wrote:
> Hey Joe,
> Why don't you and the logger pick up all the twigs, branches, etc and take them
> to the bureaucrat's bureau and dump them on his BLANKING desk?  If they stop
> you at the door, then dump them on his (state purchased) Mitsubishi Land
> Destroyer out in the parking lot. <G>

Good idea. Now, if I dumped the stuff on the OTHER county service
forester's desk, it would get lost among the mountains of jumbled paper
work, including memos from 25 years ago. Seriously. <G>

> Alternatively, you and the logger could document your time doing this
> unnecessary work and send them a bill--with a note that if they don't pay up
> within a certain time, you'll take them to small claims court.  I've threatened
> to do this and it worked.
> Karl

Excellent idea. Then I'm going to drag all the big bosses and
politicians including the governor down to this pond and push'em all in.

Joseph Zorzin, Der Yankee Forestmeister
"Still, after a year, the only forestry web page in the otherwise
sophisticated state of Massachusetts"
Henry David Thoreau