Forest Certification (Long

Tracey Greenwood Tracey at brixtonbooks.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 08:11:01 EST 1998

>My biggest concern was the "world" input into local forestry issues.

The 10 Principles & Criteria are international, but National Working
Groups operating in a number of countries interpret them in an
appropriate manner for the local laws and forest types and conditions.
These groups have to present an agreed set of national or regional
standards to be used for independent certification of forests in their
particular countries. Sweden were the first country to have their
Standards passed earlier this year and the UK, along with several other
countries, will be submitting their Standards for endorsement later in
the year.

If anyone is interested in further info about the Standards in the UK,
or any other details about FSC, please take a look at our website at
fsc-uk.demon.co.uk or email me with questions.

Tracey
-
Tracey Greenwood  *  Press Officer  *  Forest Stewardship Council
Unit K, Station Building, Llanidloes, Powys, Wales SY18 6EB
Email:   Tracey at brixtonbooks.demon.co.uk  *  Tel/fax: 01686 411 004
WEBSITE: www.fsc-uk.demon.co.uk