Forest Certification (Long

Nick Ananin visfor at globalnet.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 16:58:55 EST 1998

Joseph Zorzin wrote in message <35D1A126.3F6CDC9D at forestmeister.com>...

>Will the Ceritified Forests be inspected via black helicopters? <G>

Joe, it might be the cheapest option!! Either way it will cost and the New
Zealand report suggests that you won't get any more money for all your hard
work. So why do it?

MARKET SHARE

In the UK they (the buyers, burros and any other 'b') have got it all sewn
up 'cos we in the UK import so much and the big buyers are squeezing hard.
In principle I still think certification is a good thing if only it was
simpler to implement and why the hell forestry was hit first and not
agriculture or some of the other industries - 'cos we are a soft target.

Still it will work out alright 'cos they will need twice as much paper for
all the reports we will have to fill in. Only thing is that  it probably
means more jobs in forestry but fewer muddy boots  {[:-)

Nick Ananin at Vision Forestry, Aberdeen, Scotland
visfor at globalnet.co.uk
Forestry ICQ  Chat  Room number 9677052
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~visfor/  (Global Association of Online
Foresters)