pickled chanterelles

Mycos !williams at wkpowerlink.com
Thu Aug 13 01:13:29 EST 1998

On 11 Aug 1998 06:47:21 -0700, larryc at teleport.com (Larry Caldwell)
>> Good luck. The pickles sound fantastic.
>
>I've also had very good results pressure canning chanterelles.  Probably
>the most spectacular mushroom I ever canned was lactarius sanguifluua,
>which colored the broth a light ruby color.
>
>-- Larry

Great idea !  I suppose any mushroom of the genus would have that
property due to the latex  that  characterizes the genus.
Unfortunately, if memory serves me, I think a great many of the other
species with latex  colored purple, blue, violet, ect. are poisonous
but I'll have to check more closely as they would be, as you say,
spectacular when canned.

Remove ! from address to reply