25' buffer around ponds

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Aug 14 03:20:33 EST 1998

TREEFARMER at webtv.net wrote:

> I would imagine that very big branches floating down streams might play
> havoc with some floodgaps and culverts. Nevertheless, I don't see that
> debris above the higwater marks is going to hurt much especially in
> light of the stream corridor philosophy. Technically, and correct me if
> I'm wrong, I think it might be illegal to put anything into a "404"
> wetland without Corps. approval. This might not apply to "man-made"
> wetlands like ponds. Best talk to Big Brother.

One doesn't discuss such things with Big Brother, since Big Brother has
his RULES AND REGULATIONS. One of my burros, who is the best in the
state- when I walk with him to review harvests, if we have some
disagreement over something- and I give an intelligent statement
factoring forestry, ecology, geology, astronomy, and ancient history,
he'll whip out his RULES AND REGULATIONS, open up to page and verse- and
quote THE WORD. That shuts me up, because how can I go against
SCRIPTURE?

--

Joseph Zorzin, Yankee Forestmeister
http://forestmeister.com