25' buffer around ponds

KMorrisD kmorrisd at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 21:19:32 EST 1998

>One of my burros, who is the best in the
>state- when I walk with him to review harvests, if we have some
>disagreement over something- and I give an intelligent statement
>factoring forestry, ecology, geology, astronomy, and ancient history,
>he'll whip out his RULES AND REGULATIONS, open up to page and verse- and
>quote THE WORD. That shuts me up, because how can I go against
>SCRIPTURE?

Joe,

What happens when we get REAL forester licensing that puts the power and
control over administration of cutting plans with licensed consulting and
industrial foresters?  Do we then become quoters of SCRIPTURE and AGENTS OF THE
STATE?

Or would it be possible to have some more reasonable, flexible way to insure
that good silviculture is practiced, wetlands are protected and so on?  Some
way that makes professional responsibility a reality.

I'd like to think that such would be possible, but I can imagine the current
discrepancies between burro interpretations of the rules multiplied a hundred
fold.  It might drive loggers nuts.

Maybe you have some dispute resolution committee and procedures to deal with
problems of this nature.  That might work.

Karl