consultant contracts

McKenney d_mckenney at conknet.com
Tue Aug 18 20:31:29 EST 1998

Several years ago I did a large boundary project in nw MA on private land
that adjoined a state forest. I contacted the appropriate office to inquire
about boundary info/maps for the particular state forest. I'm still waiting
for a response.

It's time for the public sector to get out of the business of assisting
private landowners and let the private sector provide these services.
Continued public sector involvement simply undermines private sector
initiatives and confuses the public with the notion that while forestry is
noble it requires government subsidy to keep the pump primed.