Woodsmen of the World

Emil Knutti eknutti at access.mountain.net
Wed Aug 19 09:16:22 EST 1998

Paul,

If you do a Yahoo search on Woodmen of the World you will find several urls.
This is a financial or insurance type organization which also does a lot of
social things.  It is not a fraternal order for foresters or loggers --at
least the organization that I am familiar with by that name is not.

JNPBUCK wrote in message
<1998081901333800.VAA07295 at ladder01.news.aol.com>...
>  Has anyone out there heard of a fraternal organization called the
Woodsmen of
>the World?  As far as I know, its like some sort of Elks club or the
>Freemasons...but for foresters or loggers.  I've seen several cemetary
>headstones in the shape of tree trunks with some inscription about Woodsmen
of
>the World or IOOF (I think this stands for International Order of
Foresters).