consultant contracts

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Wed Aug 19 21:31:56 EST 1998

KMorrisD wrote:

> "McKenney" <d_mckenney at conknet.com> wrote:
>
> >It's time for the public sector to get out of the business of assisting
> >private landowners and let the private sector provide these services.
> >Continued public sector involvement simply undermines private sector
> >initiatives and confuses the public with the notion that while forestry is
> >noble it requires government subsidy to keep the pump primed.
> >

> Exactly!  And of course the only way this can happen is with the generous
> assistance of hordes (herds?) of forestry burros <G> at $90,000 per year,
> including benefits, expenses, secretarial and office.
>
> Karl Davies

Good one Karl about the herd of burros. <G>

Reminds me of my last backpack trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon.
At the bottom, after you cross the 400' foot bridge 60' above the raging
Colorado- like Indiana Jones, the first thing you see is a stone corral
where I saw about 2 dozen burros. I walked up to a few and looked into
those big brown eyes, and they gazed back with that empty Zen look. And
I had fun watching them slowly, slowly, slowly walk around munching on
the grass. Sort of reminds me of a typical state of Mass. foresters
meeting. <G>

Joe "Che" Zorzin