The Truth ISN'T Out There

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Aug 21 01:47:30 EST 1998

KMorrisD wrote:

> Therefore the `service` foresters should really be called `disservice
> foresters,` and the `SIP` foresters should be called `ZIP` foresters.  <G>
> The only remedy for this sad situation is to give them the choice of telling
> the truth or taking a hike.

Much of government is being cut back, all those agencies that help out
ordinary people. Meanwhile here we have high paid burros supposedly
helping out wealthy landowners. The disservice foresters were set up in
their racket back in the '30's when most landowners were "dirt" poor
farmers, not upper crust NY'ers and local professionals. They are the
buggy whips of the forestry world.

And now we see that in our state at least- those burros who manage state
land don't want to work either so instead- they want to hire consultants
to do THEIR work, and at absurdly low rates- i.e., they want "early
retirement" because that's what they enjoy right now sitting at their
desks drinking coffee.

And interestingly... Karl and I are happy to report... that the
governors office has sent us letters (computer generated form letters)
telling us that we will soon be contacted by one of his assistants, as a
result of cc'ing our messages here to His Majesty. We will report on the
progress of the Forestry Revolution. Too bad that few if any of you
readers shall participate. This is getting to be a lot of fun, as well
as a significant turning point in the forestry profession. It's a dirty
job but somebody has to do it. We have stormed the Bastille, which you
can observe in safety and comfort from your favorite chair. Go grab
another beer and enjoy; or in the case of Don Staples- a glass of his
favorite Scotch. And we know that Don we'll be reporting the revolution
in the ACF Journal. <G>

Viva la revolution!