certified wood? or certified forests? or certified (licensed) foresters?

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Aug 21 03:13:20 EST 1998

posted to bionet.agroforestry and alt.forestry- the world forestry
community
I'm getting tired of reading about certified forests and certified wood,
while our governments haven't the brains or the balls to certify
foresters.

If we really made forestry into a REAL profession, we wouldn't need
certified forests or certified wood; because all forests and all wood
under the management of PROFESSIONAL FORESTERS would automatically be
considered certified.

This is the common sense way to do this- to get better forests; but our
lame brain state and national governments won't do this because
politicians won't do what the big forest exploiting industries don't
want- REAL FORESTER LICENSING, and the honchos of the forestry
bureaucracies have their cushy well paid jobs, so you don't hear much
from them. And the only real measure as to the success of this campaign
of a few of us (despite the penalty of being an outcast for daring to
speak up) is the economic well being of foresters. Not until foresters
are earning the income of REAL professionals- doctors, lawyers,
dentists, engineers should we even use the term professional. Using it
prematurely is as much of a lie as Clinton saying he didn't have sex
with Monica. His lie is only the tip of the iceberg of the vast fraud of
government.

Shame on this profession. And shame on your silence. Now go climb back
into your little cozy niches and keep pretending.

The Yankee Forestmeister