Woman in forestry response

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Aug 21 11:24:51 EST 1998

Sagola Hardwoods wrote:

> I found your letter regarding "Woman in Forestry" quite ridiculous!!!  My
> only response  to your most definitely, male chauvanist letter is to reply
> that I think you should move to a third world country where they treat
> woman no better than an animal.  The United States is not a male dominated
> society which promotes sex discrimination.
>
> It makes no difference whether a person is male or female when it comes to
> choosing a career, but I agree with you in one way, being qualified does.
> Many unqualified men are in careers they should not be in and are making
> excellent incomes.  And, just as many qualified woman have been under paid
> for jobs, as far as history goes back.
>

> Personally, what we don't need is more men like you in forestry!!

Well, I can see you cowardly didn't reply in the newsgroups and your
lame brain didn't comprehend my message, so I'll bring this here. I was
pointing out that women are POSSIBLY over represented in burro-ocracies
due to affirmative action, when they are a small minority of forestry
graduates.

Rather than act like it's that time of the month with a bitchy letter to
me, you should have read that letter more carefully and responded in a
professional manner, for which I was ready for a professional dialogue.
You are obviously incapable of that.

Now if you try again, we might be able to discuss this issue, and next
time don't be such a wimpy coward, do it in public and give your name.

And I am not a male chauvinist. That's is the obviously most stupid
thing I've heard in years. Every time anyone says anything about women-
that possibly, just possibly there might be SOME problems with
affirmative action, many of you go nuts- and start whimpering.

Joe Zorzin