women in forestry, affirmative action, fairness

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Fri Aug 21 09:44:01 EST 1998

JimiFromMI wrote:

> In article <35DD57AE.D5FD63BC at forestmeister.com>, Joseph Zorzin
> <redoak at forestmeister.com> writes:
>
> > There's no logic to- and
> >this is coming from a card carrying liberal who BELIEVES in affirmative
> >action.
>
> Stop believing in affirmative action (at least quotas) it wrong both morally
> and in the long term outcome -- if the long term goals are to bring a
> "suppressed" person/group out of said suppression.
>
> Regards.

In this case I won't disagree at all. Really, ya gotta see this to
believe it. Most of the best jobs are now held by women- most of whom
have little or no field experience. If I'm mistaken, then all you Mass.
burros please jump in and correct me. Don't all jump in at once and
overload the usenet. <G>

And the MA DEM, probably due to the presence of the "weaker sex" with
higher aesthetic values, is now pumping out beautiful brochures and
pamphlets. Very nice stuff which nobody reads. (now dodging for cover)
<G>