Woman in forestry response

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Aug 22 13:41:39 EST 1998

Vincent Larin wrote:

> I finished in december my bachelors degree in forestry in Canada, and I
> lost a few chances to get field experience as summer jobs because some
> jobs were reserved only for womens (or indians people).  So today I am
> still looking for a real job... and ....

The odds are that you better get used to looking for a real job. I know
many, many forestry graduates that got fed up with this profession and
went into more lucrative professions, like McDonalds.

As I said, and if any women don't like it- TOO BAD- if women only make
up a small percentage of forestry graduates, they can't go and claim
half of the new jobs only because women make up half of the human race.
That seems to be the logic and it's nuts.

It's crazy stuff like that, that began with well meaning liberals and
progressives- that eventually starts pissing off a lot of ordinary
people who aren't radical in any way- who then put their backing behind
true reactionaries. Don't be greedy like all those useless bureaucrats
who do NOTHING.

BTW, when I talk about forestry bureaucrats, I don't include government
"mud" foresters- meaning any forester who spends most of his time in the
woods doing forestry. I only include those phony bastards who shuffle
paper around all day and who get paid a lot more than REAL foresters. If
you don't work in the woods, you aren't a forester. Give yourselves any
title you like, since you're the type that love titles, but don't demean
the honorable profession of forestry by calling yourself a forester.

Could someone call himself a test pilot who never gets in a plane?