women in forestry, affirmative action, fairness

Joseph Zorzin redoak at forestmeister.com
Sat Aug 22 14:04:38 EST 1998

KMorrisD wrote:

> Joseph Zorzin <redoak at forestmeister.com> wrote:
>
> >And the MA DEM, probably due to the presence of the "weaker sex" with
> >higher aesthetic values, is now pumping out beautiful brochures and
> >pamphlets. Very nice stuff which nobody reads. (now dodging for cover)
>
> Yes, beautiful and expensive stuff.  Coffee table stuff.  It's sort of like
> when we were kids and the boys would go off and play cowboys and indians or
> cops and robbers.  The girls would go off and play tea party.  Now we've grown
> up, but we're still doing the same routines.
>
> KMD

I'd love to produce a Saturday Night Live story about this. I can see it
now. Several lady foresters in their LL Bean outfits, sitting around a
large table drinking tea, discussing their respective brochures and
pamphlets.

"Oh Mary, your pamphlet is sooooo pretty! The colors are very nice.
They'll go well with my curtains. And have you ladies seen that new
young forester, Billy-Bob Jones from Georgia? He's SUCH a HUNK. And do
you think Monica REALLY did THAT to the president?" <G>

(dodging for my Fortress Europe type cement bunk house)